Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Ann has her Iron Ring now!

So, missing my own Iron Ring Ceremony in Waterloo due to Concrete Toboggan, I shipped out this weekend to Montreal to get mine at McGill. Why McGill? Well, I was in Montreal for the Troitsky Bridge Building Competition when UofT had theirs, and my dad's got his bachelor's and master's at McGill for mechanical engineering.

Paperwork was a nuisance, having to fill out my intent to graduate form early and then paying the registrar for a 3 sentence letter saying I'm eligible to graduate this year (finding time to go to a jeweller to get a ring size was a challenge too!)

Having two midterms and my 4th year project presentation on the first 3 days back this week, I really needed my laptop in the car, so it went and got sick last week. Looked like a harddrive failure (I tried repartitioning and reinstalling Lion and Snow Leopard a bunch), took it into the Apple Store, turns out the RAM completely died. Because I had to go back and forth a bit, the harddrive, RAM, and labour were on them, yay! By Thursday evening I had my laptop and had time to transfer my files back and install my programs. I decided to wait on doing the dual boot with Windows 7 for now, just in case that was too taxing on my machine.

Anyways! The ceremony was nice, it was held in Redpath hall which looked great, one of the older buildings on campus, very ornate. Lovely campus too :P


My dad and I

No comments:

Post a Comment