Thursday, July 5, 2012

30 Day Swing Challenge: Day 30...it's over!

Day 30: Why you dance


Of course it had to be a big question for the end...


I dance because it is an art form that I can communicate how I feel. I've always enjoyed moving to music, be it ballet, figure skating or swing dancing. If I'm having a busy day at work or a stressful day at school, I knew that even if it was laborious to get myself out to dance that my mood would improve as soon as I got on the dance floor. The exhilaration of the speed and turns in figure skating is what I enjoyed most about that dance. Though I have been in the competitive mind frame for figure skating, I have not yet competed in swing dancing. I feel that either it's not for me or that I want to develop my skills further before I start along this path. Competition also takes a lot of time, which I don't necessarily have since my main focus for the next two years is grad school.

No comments:

Post a Comment