Friday, September 28, 2012

Ultimate Lindyhop Showdown: Day 1


So the border was speedy at Buffalo, got on the plane ok, my congestion really rattled my brain though. We got in at 2:30, went hat shopping where Dean bought a boater hat and John pre-ordered a pork pie hat. We roamed around, had dinner at Coops (best jambalaya ever, oh and I stole half a piece of fried chicken when John was elsewhere). My congestion was really stuffing me up around midnight, which is the earliest I've called it a night while in NOLA, but I'd rater be healthy to enjoy the next 4 days!

Dancing was awesome, nice and fast! With the resurgence of balboa, it allowed more people on the dance floor too :). Definitely more to come too! Went for a run inthe French Quarter, I love the architecture! John's sleeping and Dean is out taking pictures. More people are arriving this afternoon, there's outdoor dancing at the French Market and some of the competitions. :) Ah yes and I plan to buy some chickoree coffee from Cafe du Monde, it's a local thing!

Reading papers and will probably do breakfast soon when Dean gets back :)

No comments:

Post a Comment