Monday, October 8, 2012

Ultimate Lindyhop Showdown: Day 2

Having woken up and feeling slightly less congested than the night before, I grabbed my gear and went for a morning run. I took a tour of the residential area north of the French Quarter and down Esplanade. By the end of my trip I was so sweaty and warm, it was totally not appealing due to the humidity. After coming back and showered, people were waking up. It wasn't until noon (and I had read papers) that I got out to meet people for brunch (tasty blueberry pancakes!).

In the afternoon I went preliminary shopping for shoes, dresses, and lingerie with Jay, Liz and Vanesser around Chartres. It poured so much, it was kinda magical in the 'this is New Orleans rain' kinda way. What was funny was that I guess I didn't fully rinse my shoes after I last washed them, because shortly after my feet got soaked, bubbles were growing around the toes and heel of my shoes. Jay lovingly gave me the nickname of 'Bubbles', and it seems to be sticking...well knowing Jay it could be way worse so Bubbles it is.

That night was at the Wax Museum where I had some of my favourite dances of the weekend. Many of the really good dancers were around and not too tired (yet from the weekend). Also the floors have a pretty good slide to them without being dangerous. Though, I learned to keep track of your glasses because a turn could result in flying glasses, luckily Mickey picked them up before they were stepped on. The jack and jill competition was fun to watch and we were super excited that Caitlin got into the finals. Though Toronto's cheering was louder, the other couple had a dynamic that couldn't be beat, but Caitlin did awesomely.

The late night was at the US Mint, which was an impressive building in the Quarter. The dancing room had a very cool vibe, very different than the bright grandiose architecture of the rest of the building.

No comments:

Post a Comment