Wednesday, September 14, 2011

An ode to a good bike

Today at 6:30 in front of Ye's Sushi in Waterloo, I became bikeless. I had used it thoroughly earlier today by biking to school for a meeting with Sriram, biking home to get my SIN card so I could get my OAN number to apply for OGS, biking back to campus, biking to sushi with Mike, John, Cass, and Gilad. I had locked the main frame to a 3 foot high handicap parking space sign. There was no lock in sight and I noticed the sign was folded that would conclude that the bike was slipped off the sign. I was so disillusioned, I thought Waterloo was safer from bike thefts these days. I remember my friends Alex and Michael from WCI having their bikes stolen on campus multiple times. I filed a police report with the serial number, checking Kijiji, and drinking copious amounts of tea, there's not much more I can do now.

After having my bike stolen I was off to campus to meet Tim to start discussing Troitsky bridge building plans. We bought some popsicle sticks and white glue and discussed design ideas and how to connect the major pieces together. It seems like it's just Tim and I for the building this term, which makes scheduling easier.

 Last of the evening was my private dance lesson with Giulio at Fred Astaire dance studio thanks to a groupon deal. We learned the foxtrot, tango and waltz (which I knew basically already). Funny, they're very different compared to their figure skating equivalents.

Tomorrow is CampusRec open house so a few of us will hopefully be dancing tomorrow to promote the UW Swing Club between 11:30 and 1:00 outside the PAC on campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment