Thursday, June 14, 2012

30 Day Swing Challenge: Day 10


Day 10: Favourite workshop weekend (Lindy Focus, Camp Hollywood, etc) or one you'd really like to attend

It's really hard to decide between the last three that I went to: Camp Jitterbug in Seattle. Stompology in Rochester, and All Balboa Weekend in Cleveland. I learned a ton and I got challenged in different 'subjects' of dancing. I'm still practicing the little routines that got dished out from Jitterbug and Stompology or the really neat tricks on movement.

I found as the size of the event grew, the organization complexity was exponential. The people running Camp Jitterbug and All Balboa Weekend had to really be on the ball and were always super busy because of the sheer volume of people, competitions, class levels, and instructors involved. That being said, I was quite impressed by how well they pulled everything together, since I understand how difficult coordination and the background work to events really can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment